Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cymatics and Synethesia

I found the TED talk on cymatics very interesting. I had not thought of music as a physical art form, but it reminded me of fractals. Everything sound has a specific vibration and those vibrations have the ability to create art. The images the sounds created looked like fractals, as if every small portion of the image was a reflection of the image as a whole. I like the idea of figuring out how animals communicate through their sound's vibrations. This could be a new scientific field that the world could tap into. I also think it is a good idea to teach children about cymatics because art is an awesome way to teach.

Synesthesia is something I've heard of before. I'm not sure from where, but I had heard of people who related specific numbers and letters to colors. I did not know that there were so many different kinds of synesthesia. In a way, I feel like I associate certain numbers with feelings, for instance I am fond of the number 14 because I think it is aesthetically pleasing and it reminds me of the age I wanted to be when I was a kid. I do not think it is synesthesia, but I think everyone associates symbols, colors and sounds with other experiences and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment